A few weeks back, Jilly (shamelessly I might add) started playing a video game that is essentially all about pirates, pirating, general pirate stuff… We realized very quickly that to enhance the game, we needed some RUM. I mean DUH. Its pirating my friends…PIRATING…SHOULD BE SPELLED PIRATE-RUM-ING. I mean really, who has ever NOT associated pirates and rum.
Being semi-avid rum drinkers, we know that we prefer white rum to any other. We have also found that worthy rum MUST have a cork (not a screw top). A ‘very nice’ bottle of rum only runs about $30.00 vs a crappy bottle that costs $15.00. So we decided we had to act…and came back a few days later with a fine bottle of organic white rum branded “Crusoe”.
This all occurred a few weeks ago, and needless to say, the NEW house rule is basically if you (or Jilly) is playing a pirate game, you better also have your rum drink…otherwise its empty and meaningless…all of it!
We went though several variations of the new signature drink before we settled on its final form. Being piratical in nature, its form is loosely based. We hope you all take the time to enjoy this new creation from the Challis house, Jilly dubbed it “Jamaican Rumble Juice”
- · 1 glass
- · Some quantity of ice...or none at all
- · Some measured or non-measured amt of Crusoe Rum
- · Anywhere from a splash to a half a can of "Jamaican Ginger Ale"
- · A quantity of Orange/Pineapple Juice
- · 1,2, 3 or 4 Maraschino Cherries
- · 1 splash lime juice or a quarter lime slice
- Mix and Serve!
- The instructions are loose as it's more piratical that way - but any way you do it, you will LOVE IT!